• An old Virginia law was titled, "An Act to Prevent Corrupt Practices or Bribery by Any Person Other Than a Candidate."
• As in many towns, you need a permit to run a barbershop in Christiansburg, Va. But the wording of the town's law indicates that the permit will be revoked if you're caught operating without a permit.
• A Virginia law requires all bathtubs to be kept out in the yards, not inside the houses.
• Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
• Citizens must honk their horn while passing other cars.
• Culpeper: No one may wash a mule on the sidewalk.
• Dayton: A person of color may not be outside or within the city limits after 7 pm.
• Driving while not wearing shoes is prohibited.
• If one is not married, it is illegal for him to have sexual relations.
• If you are intoxicated but not driving your car, but the person who is driving your car is intoxicated, both you and the driver can be charged with DUI in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
• In Christiansburg, Va., it's illegal to imitate a police whistle.
• In Christiansburg, Va., it's illegal to "spit, expectorate or deposit any sputum, saliva or any form of saliva or sputum."
• In Newport it's against the law to tickle a girl under her chin with a feather duster in order to get her attention.
• In Norfolk a woman can't go out without wearing a corset.
• In Radford, VA you are not allowed to spit, loogie, puke or urinate on the streets.
• In Richmond, Va., you must buy a license for 93 cents to sell song books on the street.
• In Richmond, Virginia it is illegal to flip a coin in any eating establishment to determine who buys a cup of coffee.
• It is illegal to sell peanut brittle on Sundays.
• It is illegal to spit on sidewalk.
• It is illegal to tickle women.
• Lebanon: It is illegal to kick your wife out of bed.
• Norfolk: Spitting on a sea gull is not tolerated. A man may face 60 days in jail for patting a woman's derriere. Women must wear a corset after sundown and be in the company of male chaperone.
• Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.
• Perhaps anticipating telemarketing, the town fathers of Albany, Va., have for years prohibited peddlers from using the telephone to either sell things or raise funds.
• Police radar detectors are illegal.
• Richmond: It is illegal to flip a coin in a restaurant to see who pays for a coffee.
• Stafford County: It is legal for a man to beat his wife on the courthouse steps so long as it is before 8:00 pm.
• Swearing at someone over the phone in virginia is punishable by a $100 fine.
• There is a state law prohibiting "corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates."
• There was once a law in Salem Virginia that made it illegal to leave home without knowing where you were going.
• Victoria: It is illegal to skate down the sidewalk of Main Street.
• Virginia Beach: If you are drunk and not driving your car, and the person who is driving the car is drunk as well, you may both receive DUI's. It is illegal for a person to ride on the handlebars of a bike. It is illegal to use profanity on Atlantic Avenue or the boardwalk. It is also unlawful to drive by the same place within 30 minutes on Atlantic Avenue.
• Waynesboro: It is illegal for a woman to drive a car up Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag.
• You cannot buy hardware of any kind on Sunday.
• You cannot sell lettuce on Sunday, but you can sell beer, wine etc.
• You may not have oral or anal sex.
• You may not work on Sunday.
Tags: virginia laws djem
NEXT JOKE Vermont's Dumb and Crazy laws
One Hilarious Pic To Sum Up Each American State(Video) Dumb Laws From the Grave / Virginia
Daring Dude Punches a Kangaroo to Save His DogSee AlsoGermany Social Structure - Flags, Maps, Economy, History, Climate, Natural Resources, Current Issues, International Agreements, Population, Social Statistics, Political System6 Signs You're in a Hostile Work Environment—And How To Get Out! | Career ContessaCops can't break these rules if you're pulled over | finder.comWhat Is HCFA in Medical Billing? | Medical Billing Service Review
24 Hidden Cameras Found In Seemingly Normal Items(Video) 5 Stupid Alcohol Laws in Virginia - Drunk History | Learn Liberty
15 People Who Captured Something They Just Had to Share
- (Video) Dumb Laws From the Grave / West Virginia
(Video) Dumb laws Tennessee - Virginia
- Please stop!
Uploaded 04/01/2022(Video) Dumb State Laws: Virginia
- Submissions (8)
- 12k Views
- View All Contests
Get our free newsletter
Amazing new updates!
Police radar detectors are illegal. Citizens must honk their horn while passing other cars. Walking a mule on the sidewalk is illegal. It is illegal to park a car on the railroad tracks.What weird things are illegal in Virginia? ›
- It's illegal to tickle women. ...
- It's illegal to cuss about another person (Prince William County). ...
- It's illegal for kids to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
- It's LEGAL for a man to beat his wife on the courthouse steps, but he must do so before 8:00 p.m. (Stafford County).
Don't Drive Blindfolded in Alabama
You can't wash your neighbour's car without permission in Los Angeles. It's illegal to drive while your dog is tethered to your car in Alaska. You can't drive a car in reverse in public roads in Arizona. You're not allowed to drive a black car on a Sunday in Denver, Colorado.
No person shall spit, expectorate, or deposit any sputum, saliva, mucus, or any form of saliva or sputum upon the floor, stairways, or upon any part of any public building or place where the public assemble, or upon the floor of any part of any public conveyance, or upon any sidewalk abutting on any public street, ...Is tickling girls illegal in Virginia? ›
Strange Law 9: It is illegal to tickle women. Strange Law 10: Virginians cannot hunt animals on Sundays, except for raccoons. Raccoons can be hunted until 2:00 a.m.What are the new laws in Virginia for 2021? ›
- End of the Death Penalty. ...
- Legalization of Marijuana. ...
- Restaurants/Off-Premises Consumption. ...
- Driving/Motor Vehicles.
Men can beat their wives, but only once per month in Arkansas.Is driving barefoot illegal? ›
While it is not illegal to drive barefoot, it is formally considered unsafe. Some believe a driver may have more control over the car when driving barefoot than with some shoes. Though barefoot driving is not illegal, local regulations could prohibit it. While not illegal, barefoot driving is not encouraged.Is it illegal to send a surprise pizza in Louisiana? ›
In Louisiana, it's illegal to send a surprise pizza. If you send a pizza to someone who is not expecting it, it is considered harassment.What state is it illegal to tickle a woman? ›
It is considered illegal to tickle women throughout the state of Virginia. Trying to flirt? Buy them chocolate from one of the best chocolate shops in the state instead.
Law #4: donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.
This crazy law was brought into effect due to a public menace case in 1924. A merchant near Kingman used to allow his donkey to sleep in an old bathtub.
The report ranked Virginia among the nation's strictest on this front. Specifically, it tied with three other states for being the 8th most strict overall when it comes to speeding and reckless driving. The states that tied Virginia for this spot were Illinois, Alabama and Washington.What is illegal in Virginia? ›
Illegal to flip a coin to decide who pays for coffee in Richmond. Illegal to wash a mule on the sidewalk in Culpeper. Illegal to spit on a seagull in Norfolk. Illegal for a woman to be out at night in Norfolk unless she is wearing a corset and is accompanied by a male chaperon.What laws go into effect in Virginia today? ›
Virginia will become the fourth state to ban cosmetics testing on animals. This is a part of the Humane Cosmetics Act, signed by Governor Ralph Northam. This act will also ban the sales of cosmetics that test on animals. Another big law in Virginia is minimum wage.Is Virginia a blue law state? ›
Virginia laws prohibiting Sunday shopping and dating back before the days of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were declared unconstitutional yesterday by the state Supreme Court.