If it’s not on social media, did it even happen at all? While you’re busy celebrating your new phase of life, don’t forget to announce your wedding on Instagram, in total style! Here are some fun, sweet, sentimental ideas for how you could probably do it. #HappyToHelp
1. ‘Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale.’
This iconic quote with just about any image of you and the Mr. is the perfect and most classic way to announce your nuptials to the world.
2. ‘You may now call me Mrs Always Right’
For the fun and quirky girl, this announcement is definitive proof that you are married, happy, and right about everything – as per usual. *Insert hair flip here*
3. ‘Found the Marshall to my Lily and I couldn’t be happier’
This is a reference from How I Met Your Mother, one of the cutest TV shows of all time. Marshall and Lily are the quintessential college sweethearts and if you’ve watched the show, there’s a big chance you’ve always wanted a love like that!
4. ‘Bridezilla Mode Off. Wife Mode On.’
This one is perfect for the girls who was previously documenting the run-up to the wedding. It’s a statement to the world announcing you are now in a brand new phase of life!
5. ‘Life is better with your best friend. That’s why I married mine.’
Perfect for the girl who believes that love is friendship. Basically, we can all bookmark this status for the future.
6. ‘He married a Monica!’
This quote along with the image, according to us, is the cutest way to announce your marriage! A relatable AF FRIENDS reference about everyone’s favourite TV couple is just goals! Besides, who doesn’t love FRIENDS?
7. Thank God Bauji said ‘Jaa Simran Jaa, Je Le Apni Zindagi’
This one is (needless to say) for all the filmy girls out there! It absolutely does not get more epic than DDLJ, right? PS: For maximum impact please do include a lovely picture from the shaadi. If your bauji is in the frame, then nothing like it!
8. The Starbucks Way!
Another cute way to let the cat outta the bag is to straight away upload a picture of your hand with a Starbucks takeaway cup. Your hand will have mehendi we are assuming, and plus you can show off your awesome manicure and your shiny new ring. The cup can have your brand new last name (should you choose to change it). We think it’s cute, effective, and oh-so-Pinteresty!
9. The ‘Din Shagna Da’ Post!
The Internet is moving more and more towards video content. The cutest way to use this to your advantage is to make a small video with a few pictures from the wedding or the pre wedding shoot and add the beautiful shaadi song Din Shagna Da in the background. You don’t need anyone to help you with this – you can always use apps like Flipagram or even iMovie to make it yourself. We think it’s a beautiful and warm way to give the world a glimpse into your special moments!
10. ‘Found someone special to annoy for the rest of my life. #Hitched’
Sweet, simple, and adorable! We think some events in life don’t need extra long explanations, no?
PS: However you choose to announce it, don’t forget to use emojis and hashtags to your advantage. You can also use the new multiple photos option on Instagram and make a cute story by camptioning 4-5 photos. You can also use a cute gif of the two of you! Oh God, the options are endless. Just let your creativity run wild!
How do you announce a wedding on Instagram? ›
Best Wedding Instagram Caption Ideas
- Now we can hang out forever!
- It was love at first swipe.
- He stole my heart so I'm taking his last name. Unsplash.
- All of my smiles start with you.
- You're my person, forever.
- I do, we did.
- Eat, drink, and be married.
- Locked in for life!
“Congrats on being stuck with me forever” followed by your wedding hashtag is the simplest and funniest way to announce your wedding. “The best thing I swiped right on” is a clever caption for couples who've met on dating apps.How do I inform people about my marriage? ›
I am pleased to inform you that my marriage is scheduled for [date] at [time] at [venue details] and reception will start at [time]. I cordially invite you to my wedding ceremony and give us your blessings. I would be extremely happy with your presence. Thanking you.How do you announce to your friends you are getting married? ›
- Send out invitations to a “special announcement party.”
- Put a sign in your yard that says “We're engaged!”
- Make T-shirts that say “We're engaged!” ...
- Put an announcement in the newspaper.
- Send out engagement announcements via email or social media.
Ideally, wedding announcements should be printed, addressed, and stamped before the wedding so they can be mailed the day following the wedding itself. This will make sure your guests find out about your nuptials promptly. The announcements can, however, be sent up to several months after your wedding day.What do you write in a wedding Instagram post? ›
- May you be as happy as you are today for the rest of your life.
- So happy to celebrate this day with you both!
- All because two people fell in love.
- This day was as perfect as this photo.
- They did!
- The cutest newlyweds I ever did see.
- To love, laughter, and their happily ever after.